The Next Step Blog

Thoughts and news from a small domestic violence prevention project in rural Maine.

Monday, October 23, 2006

it's raining, it's monday..

we have a new assistant director...his name is Mark, he seems very nice and we're all hoping that his tenure here is excellent and LONG!! I can hear a client down the hall giving her story to one of our advocates...they're working on a protection order...I hope she gets it...but then I think that anyone who truly feels they NEED an order should get one, no matter what...I know it doesn't quite work that way as it's an impartial JUDGE who makes the ultimate decision...kind of a life or death discission I'm thinking....at least it could be. There was a report on the news this weekend reqarding a police officer in New Hampshire being killed by an abuser when he was called out to investigate a "domestic". I know police officers put everything on the line every day they put on the badge and go into the community but, after hearing lots of bad stories, and after knowning about some very bad dudes both in Hancock and Washington counties, I'm very afraid that one of our Maine "men in blue" could be next....scary...very scary. That's all from a rainy afternoon in Maine...a very "sleepy" kind of afternoon...I really, really just need a NAP!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home