The Next Step Blog

Thoughts and news from a small domestic violence prevention project in rural Maine.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Celebrating the Small Things

While the first official day of spring was followed by snow and cold weather, I am sitting in my office today with the window open. It's still not quite 40 degrees outside, but the breeze and fresh air are a welcome change. And for a few minutes, I feel the need to reflect and be grateful for the small things.

I am grateful for my job in rural Maine, with amazing co-workers. I am grateful for my home in the Maine woods - a large empty house that offers solitude and time to reflect about what has happened in the past, and contemplate what could be my future. I am grateful for the coming spring -- even though it brings with it fund-raising events and meetings, and many new challenges, its arrival reminds me that every day begins with a fresh start. And even among the melting snow, muddy roads, and bare trees, hope exists for change, beauty, and new life.

I celebrate all these things as I sit quietly for a few minutes in a busy day.

I celebrate life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home